- To receive papers relating to new candidates, ensuring that the administrative procedure has been correctly followed.
- To authorise the entry of new candidates into the Candidates’ Book and to encourage Members to refer to the Candidates’ Book on a regular basis.
- To receive from Members any concerns they might have regarding candidates in the Book and to investigate accordingly.
- To authorise which candidates should proceed to the General Committee for election, having first been satisfied with their suitability for membership.
- To review from time to time the membership election procedures and to make any recommendations for change to the General Committee.
- To make recommendations from time to time to the General Committee in respect of Associate Membership.
- To review resignations.